- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Teaching & Learning
- Aboriginal Education – Follow The Dream, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Extra Curricular Activities – Bush Ranger Cadets, After School Learning Centre
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Inclusive Learning
- Student Services
- The Arts – Visual, Performing, Media
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Deadly Sista Girlz Coordinator Katanning
February 10, 2020
The Wirrpanda Foundation are currently recruiting for a DSG Coordinator based in Katanning.
- This role is a part-time, fixed term contract to 30 June 2023. The successful applicant will be required to work Monday to Friday during the School Term.
- In addition, the successful applicant must be available for up to 10 days of training per year during the School Holiday period.
Reporting to the DSG Team Coordinator – South, the DSG Coordinator role holds full responsibility for program planning, reporting and administration, with support of the DSG Mentor.
Skills & Experience
To be suitable for this role you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements and experience:
- Have established connections to the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Passion for helping Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, with the ability to provide mentoring and assistance to youth with a range of complex and varied needs
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a small team
- Demonstrate organisational and time-management skills
- Have high-level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to program processes including administration and evaluation
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures
- Flexibility to travel between sites and available for training if/ when required
Additional requirements include holding or the ability to obtain:
- Current Driver’s Licence (C class preferred)
- Working With Children Check
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC)
Please feel free to circulate to any of your networks and direct anyone interested in applying to go through SEEK.
Applications close COB Wednesday 19 February 2020.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role please do not hesitate to contact Jade Thompson, DSG Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, 9242 6471 .
Please note this role is an Identified Position for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Applicants only.