- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Learning & Teaching
- Aboriginal Education – FTD, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- The Arts – Visual, Performing & Photography
- Business & IT
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Education Support Unit – Inclusive Learning
- Engagement Program
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Year 9 Cooking Class
March 27, 2015
The Year 9 Cooking class made this dish as a healthy snack
Fritters in the picture below were made by Keisha-Lee Fidler, Sarsha Rodwell and Patrick Matthews.
200g Zucchini, grated
½ Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
30g Cheese, grated
½ Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
½ Cup Milk
1 Cup Plain Flour
1Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except oil (zucchini, onion, garlic, egg, cheese, parsley, milk and flour). Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in electric frying pan to medium heat (6-7).
Drop a tablespoon of batter into pan; flatten slightly with the back of a spatula.
Turn fritters over when centre appears cooked. Cook other side until golden brown.
Set aside and keep warm.
Continue with the rest of the batter.
Mrs Louise van Niekerk and Mrs Sushila Malik
Teachers of Year 9 Cooking