- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Learning & Teaching
- Aboriginal Education – FTD, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- The Arts – Visual, Performing & Photography
- Business & IT
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Education Support Unit – Inclusive Learning
- Engagement Program
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) Requirements
To achieve a WACE, students must:
- Complete a Literacy and Numeracy Assessment to demonstrate a minimum standard based on skills regarded as essential for individuals to meet the demands of everyday life and work in a knowledge-based economy.
- Complete a minimum of four Year 12 ATAR courses including the external examination (i.e. be eligible for an ATAR) or complete a Certificate II or higher. Katanning Senior High School recommends that students study 5 ATAR courses.
- Complete two Year 11 English units and a pair of Year 12 English units.
- Complete at least one pair of units from a Year 12 List A (arts/languages/social sciences) course and one pair of units from a Year 12 List B course (mathematics/sciences/technologies).
- Complete at least 20 units
(or equivalents) including a minimum of 10 Year 12 units.
- Achieve a minimum of 14 C grades in Year 11 and Year 12 units (or equivalents) including at least 6 C grades in Year 12 units (or equivalents).
- If students do not meet the literacy and numeracy standard by the time they exit secondary school, they can apply to the Authority to re-sit the assessment.
Allstudents (whether they have achieved the WACE or not) will receive a Western Australian Statement of Student Achievement – a record of all courses and or programs completed.
Please refer to the SCSA website for up to date and further information.