- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Learning & Teaching
- Aboriginal Education Team
- Art / Visual
- Business & IT
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technology
- Education Support Unit – Inclusive Learning
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Senior School Engagement Program (SSEP)
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training
- News & Events
Behavioural Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct is provided to ensure that Katanning Senior High School is a safe, clean and orderly environment which is conducive to learning.
- Students are required by law to attend school regularly, and provide an explanation for any absences.
- Students are expected to arrive punctually to all lessons. It is the student’s responsibility to report to the front office and collect a late note if arriving at school late for any reason.
School dress code
- All students are expected to comply with the school dress code.
- Students are expected to respect the rights of others in the school by behaving appropriately and using respectful language towards staff and peers.
- The school has a ‘no tolerance’ approach to violence, inciting conflict and bullying.
- Respect the rights of students to learn and teachers to teach in a disruption-free environment.
- Students are expected to behave appropriately and respect the rights of others.
- Students are expected to comply with classroom rules and teachers’ instructions.
- Students are expected to come prepared with the appropriate equipment.
Movement Around the School
- To enter any classroom or office, students require teacher permission.
- Students must line up in an orderly fashion when waiting for a teacher to arrive.
- Students must carry a Movement Card when outside the classroom during class time.
- To leave the school grounds, students must obtain official permission, sign out and carry a pass (if walking unaccompanied by a parent/guardian).
- The school grounds are out of bounds after school hours unless directed by a staff member.
School Grounds, Furniture, Buildings and Equipment
- Defacing or tampering with furniture, buildings or equipment will be treated as vandalism.
- Students must sign and comply with the Computer Usage Agreement.
- Sports equipment can only be used on the ovals, gym, basketball courts or under teacher direction.
- Students are expected to show respect for all areas of the school, including garden areas.
- Students show respect for the school by keeping it clean and tidy.
- Bicycles and skateboards are not to be ridden in the school grounds. They should be parked in the racks provided and left there until the end of the day.
- Students require a permit to park cars and motorised scooters at the school.
Smoking and using illegal substances
- Smoking or use of illegal substances is not permitted at school or at school functions.
- Students should not interfere with or take another person’s property.
Mobile phones and other digital devices
- The use of personal mobile phones and other digital devices is banned at school.
- Further details are provided in the Mobile Phone/Personal Digital Media Policy.
Rights & Responsibilities
These apply to all members of our school community: students, staff and parents/guardians.
|Our Rights:||Our responsibilities:||Examples of acceptable behaviour:|
|To be treated with courtesy and respect||To show respect and courtesy to others||Being polite and courteousRespecting the culture and beliefs of all members of the school communityNot bullying or inciting conflictBehaving appropriately|
|To work in and enjoy a safe and clean environment||To behave responsibly and care for our school||Taking care of school propertyUsing the rubbish bins|
|To teach and learn without disruption||To ensure that there is no disruption to the learning and working environments of others||Following classroom rules and instructionsBeing punctual|
|To allow students to achieve their educational potential||To engage actively in learning opportunities||Meeting deadlinesTrying your hardest and encouraging others to do the same|
|To have our property respected||To leave the belongings of others alone||Not interfering with or vandalising student and school property|
|To feel proud of our school and our achievements||To ensure that our actions do not discredit the school or the achievements of members of the school community||Showing appropriate behaviour when achievements are recognised|