- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Teaching & Learning
- Aboriginal Education – FTD, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- The Arts – Visual, Photography, Performing
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Engagement Program
- Extra Curricular Activities – Bush Ranger Cadets, After School Learning Centre
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Inclusive Learning
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Student Services Team
The Student Services team provides support for the many issues, positive and challenging, large and small, that students deal with from time to time. The Student Service Centre has been set up to provide assistance for students who may be experiencing academic, vocational, social, emotional or health concerns.
The ultimate goal of the Student Services team is to help students reach their full potential and assist students in planning for the future focusing on further education, careers and competence in adult life. The key areas of work are assisting students to make appropriate subject choices, supporting students with emotional or behavioural difficulties, and organise events to enable students to be fully involved in school life. The team provides a service to meet the needs of the whole child so that their experience at school is happy, healthy and conducive to learning.
The Katanning Senior High School Student Services team is made up of:
Middle School Program Coordinator
Senior School Program Coordinator
Provisionally Registered School Psychologist
Follow the Dream: Partnerships in Success Program Coordinator
Deadly Sista Girlz Coordinator and Trainee
Clontarf Academy Director and Manager of Operations
School Chaplain Services
This service is funded by the school in conjunction with Federal Government funding and funds raised through the tireless efforts of local Community and Church fundraising through the YouthCARE council.
Chaplains are qualified in pastoral care and youth work. They respect all people, no matter who they are, where they’re from, or what their personal belief system is. If asked to do so, Chaplains will discuss spiritual matters with a person, in a way that best serves that person. Our Chaplain is a part of the professional student services team and offer support by:
- Providing pastoral care for staff, students and families.
- Linking the school with local community, support agencies and organisations.
- Playing an active role assisting and supporting school events.
- Facilitating pastoral support programs and resources.
- Supporting, mentoring, encouraging and empowering the school community.
Interaction with the Chaplain is voluntary and students may opt out of any Chaplaincy-facilitated assistance at any stage.
Katanning Lions Club
Katanning Apex Club
Katanning Rotary Club
July 27, 2015There are a number of projects that Rotary do for youth and Rotary is keen to make a better connection...
March 27, 2015We would like to introduce ourselves and let everyone know about Chaplaincy, as part of the Student Services Team at...