- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Learning & Teaching
- Aboriginal Education – FTD, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- The Arts – Visual, Photography, Performing
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Education Support Unit – Inclusive Learning
- Engagement Program
- Extra Curricular Activities – Bush Ranger Cadets, After School Learning Centre
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Humanities and Social Sciences
HASS is a compulsory subject in Years 7 to 10 and entails History, Geography, Economics and Civics and Citizenship that are all taught to each year group throughout the Academic year. Teachers are constantly striving to develop programs that are engaging and assessment tasks that are based on consistent judgements.
Students through years 7 to 10 learn about a diverse range of topics. Such as Landscapes and Landforms, The Medieval World, The World of Work, Biomes and Exploring Interconnections, WW1, WW2 and 20th Century Australia.
To allow students who are striving for academic excellence the opportunity to extend their learning further Katanning SHS in 2017 created the ACE program. Students who have achieved at a high level, attend school regularly and have a solid behaviour record are invited to join this program. That entails extended teaching and learning which is achieved through teacher programing, extension tasks and extra-curricular activities.
In Years 11 and 12 the school offers Geography and History. Other Year 11 and 12 HASS subjects may be available through SIDE.
Image: Hon. Peter Rundle MLA – HASS Civics and Citzenship Visit