- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Learning & Teaching
- Aboriginal Education – FTD, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- The Arts – Visual, Photography, Performing
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Education Support Unit – Inclusive Learning
- Engagement Program
- Extra Curricular Activities – Bush Ranger Cadets, After School Learning Centre
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Digital Technologies is one of the many technology units offered at Katanning Senior High School.
In an increasingly technological and complex world, it is important to develop knowledge and skills to analyse and creatively respond to design and/or digital challenges. Knowledge and understanding of information systems enables students to be creative and discerning decision-makers when they select, use and manage data, information, processes and digital systems to meet needs and shape preferred futures.
In this subject, in Year 7 and 8, students use computational thinking to decompose problems and explore the properties of networked systems. They acquire and model data from a range of digital systems, and students explore the properties of networked systems and information systems to define, design and implement solutions to problems.
Digital Technologies provides students with practical opportunities to use design thinking and to be innovative developers of digital solutions and knowledge, enabling students to become innovative creators of digital solutions, effective users of digital systems and critical consumers of information conveyed by digital systems.