- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Teaching & Learning
- Aboriginal Education – Follow The Dream, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Extra Curricular Activities – Bush Ranger Cadets, After School Learning Centre
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Inclusive Learning
- Student Services
- The Arts – Visual, Performing, Media
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Design & Technologies
Design and Technologies is a compulsory course of study in Years 7 and 8, where students are introduced to a variety of materials and projects in Metalwork and Woodwork. For Years 8, 9 and 10 students, they have the option of choosing a course in Metalwork and/or Woodwork.
In Years 11 and 12, a Woodwork option is available to students using the General Materials Design and Technology course materials provided by the School Curriculum and Stands Authority (SCASA).
If you would like more information for courses of study within this Learning Area, please do not hesitate to contact the school.