- About Katanning SHS
- Parents & Students
- Learning & Teaching
- Aboriginal Education – FTD, Clontarf, Deadly Sista Girlz, AIEO
- The Arts – Visual, Performing & Photography
- Business & IT
- Career and Enterprise
- Design & Technologies
- Education Support Unit – Inclusive Learning
- Engagement Program
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Health & Physical Education
- Home Economics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Student Services
- Trades Skills Centre
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) & Workplace Learning (WPL)
- News & Events
Design & Technologies
Design and Technologies is a compulsory course of study in Years 7 and 8, where they are introduced to a variety of materials and projects in Metalwork and Woodwork. For students in Year 8, 9 and 10 they have the option of choosing a course in Metalwork and/or Woodwork.
In Years 11 and 12, a Woodwork option is available to students using the General Materials Design and Technology course materials provided by the School Curriculum and Stands Authority (SCASA).
If you would like more information for courses of study within this Learning Area, please do not hesitate to contact the school.